2014 Sydney ASELL Schools Science Workshop
The next ASELL Schools Workshop will be held on Friday 3 October at Arthur Phillip High School in Paramatta. ASELL Schools Workshops are designed to help teachers improve experiments run in their classrooms and to improve students’ experiences. This workshop will include a mixture of discussions and laboratory-based activities.
We invite interested teachers to attend and/or submit an experiment for evaluation. You are also invited to bring two students from your school as well as another teacher from either your school or another Sydney school. This is a great opportunity to view a range of practicals in a "hands on" format that your colleagues at other schools use in their teaching, share ideas as well as to network and build your existing community. More importantly, ASELL and the workshop will be a way that teachers and academics can work together in improving science experiments and experiences for high school students.
- Expression of Interest of experiments to be evaluated – 29 August 2014
- Full technical notes, hazard assessments, student notes, and teacher notes are due – 8 September 2014
- Registrations for workshop due – 22 September 2014
- ASELL educational template (sections 1 and 2) is due – 12 September 2014
- Workshop – 3 October 2014. Draft workshop schedule is below in related files.