2013 ASELL Schools Science Workshop
The next ASELL Schools Workshop will be held on Friday 26 April 2013 at SHORE School in North Sydney. ASELL Schools Workshops are designed to help teachers improve experiments run in their classrooms and to improve students’ experiences. This workshop will include a mixture of discussions and laboratory-based activities.
We invite interested teachers to attend and/or submit an experiment for evaluation. You are also invited to bring two students from your school as well as another teacher from either your school or another Sydney school. This is a great opportunity to view a range of practicals in a "hands on" format that your colleagues at other schools use in their teaching, share ideas as well as to network and build your existing community. More importantly, ASELL and the workshop will be a way that teachers and academics can work together in improving science experiments and experiences for high school students.
- Expression of Interest of experiments to be evaluated – 15 February 2013
- Experiments to be evaluated at workshop are chosen and teachers informed – 22 February 2013
- Full technical notes, hazard assessments, student notes, and teacher notes are due – 1 March 2013
- Registrations for workshop due – 12 April 2013
- ASELL educational template (sections 1 and 2) is due – 15 March 2013
- Workshop – 26 April 2013. Draft workshop schedule is below in related files.
Want more information?
This is the draft program for the 2013 ASELL Schools Science Workshop to be held on 26 April 2013.
Download Other Document (Acrobat PDF, 70KB)
Please complete this form if you wish to submit an experiment for the 2013 ASELL Schools Science Workshop
Download Other Document (Word Document, 32KB)
This document decribes the steps required to receive NSW Institute of Teachers accreditation for the ASELL Schools Workshop to be 'held on 26 April 2013.
Download Other Document (Acrobat PDF, 68KB)